Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My download files

• Please log in to reply

anne_mcm

anne_mcm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have never used a forum before so please forgive me if I am not doing this right. I am desprate. In "My Download" and "My Download Files" I have duplicates of stuff in there that I never downloaded. They were all put there on the same date March 25 all at the same 7:34 am time and they are all the same size 29K, they all have an .exe extenson and there are 82 of them in each folder. I have deleted them several times only for them to come back once I reboot my pc. Some of these files are awful, others have windows names here are a couple of examples

Harry Potter all e.book.doc.exe
netsky source code.scr
How to hack new.doc.exe
Internet Explorer 9 setup.exe
Windows XP crack.exe
Appriciate any help you can give me..... Thankyou Anne_mcm

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to gekstogo
I did a google search on the file names you gave it looks like you have the virus I-worm.netsky (aka win32/netsky.q,win32/netsky-p) here is a web page on it Webpage
do you have a antivirus program if you do update and run it . if not here is a link to a forum topic Admin as set up for removal of these pest.forum link
<_<