Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Snap server setup network

• Please log in to reply

The_Dark_Lord

The_Dark_Lord

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I have 2 laptops using windows xp on them and a snap server 1100 http://www.snapappli..._DS_08OCT03.pdf
I am trying to setup a network and internet connection using a Linksys Compact Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GC http://www.linksysin...showpage&pid=12
I have hard wired the network and have set up a home network where I can access the snap server using 10.10.153.115 as the snaps IP address and the 2 laptops have addresses in that range.
I have the Linsys router connected to a cable modem and them all the network hard wired into the router.
But unless I leave the TCP/IP fields blank I can not access the internet which means if I want to connect to the web I need to take out my IP addresses and then I can no longer access the snap server.
Would it be better to change the snap server's IP address or the router's IP address to make both access to the internet and the snap server possible to both laptops. I would need help doing this because I don't know the best way.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
either or will be the same.....either change your ip scheme of the network to match the router (usually easier) or change the router's ip to match the network....also...if you're using static ip's on the network...disable the dhcp on the router.