Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer fails to start

• Please log in to reply

coolsteel

coolsteel

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Help my pc fails to load xp, all i get is about 7audio bleeps and then nothing, monitor wont even come on and stays as it is with the orange light lit.
Im going to give it a rest for a couple of hours, just before this problem i had a couple of freezes, dont know why. i was having problems with the printer so i was taking various cables out while computer was on, dont know it this had any bearing on my problems now.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
could you tell us what kind of computer it is...and what kind of motherboard y ou're using?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also..describe the beeps...are they 7 beeps that sound exactly the same? or are some short and some long

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
you might cringe what i going to say but i got so angry i pressed the on off button in and out quite a few times and hey windows loaded, but then windows froze on several occasions, when it finally loaded i quiclky used scan disc and it may have cured the problem, may have lol, the beeps though were, going from memory about 5 beebs , then a small pause and then 2 beeps, then finally 1 beep, i do think the cause was the printer as i was having major problems tring to print.
Will keep you posted but thanks for your time, i may well be back.
God i do get stressed when the pc plays up as i have a daughter @ uni and my only contact is with web cam so its like my right arm has been cut off.
regards Coolsteel :tazz:

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
No problems since i did a system restore, thanks for your help. My second daughters PC failed to start, monitor was showing amber light, with some advice i replaced the power supply never been in a PC before and was suprisingly easy to do and has cured the problem!
Coolsteel :tazz: