Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Certain Links/Drop-down Menus Won't Work!

• Please log in to reply

palestrawberrygirl

palestrawberrygirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Some links on different websites won't work; I'll click on them and it'll just take me back to the main page. For instance, when I go to juno to check my e-mail, I'm able to get to the inbox and to the e-mails sent to me, but when I click the link to go to the second page of my inbox/to delete an e-mail/reply/write/send an e-mail it just takes me back to my inbox. Other sites do this to, I'll click on a link and it'll take me back to the main page.

Drop-down menus don't work either. Take this website for example: http://www.seventeen..._679458,00.html I'll try to click on something from the drop-down menu and nothing happens.

I thought this was being caused by mywebsearch(Smiley Central), but when I finally got that off my computer, I was still having this problem. The problem started a few months ago when I had dial-up, I thought maybe the other problems I was having with dial-up might be causing it, but the problem remains even though I have broadband now.

Are the 2 problems related to eachother, and how do I fix it?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What browser are you using? I checked the URL you provided and all links and drop downs worked fine for me. It could be a lot of things. First, I suggest deleting all temporary internet files and cookies In Internet Explorer, go to tools, internet options, general tab and delete the temporary files and cookies. Post back with results, and tell me if you have the same problem with all browsers, like IE and Firefox, or any others that you have tried.

palestrawberrygirl

palestrawberrygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm afraid it still doesn't work. I'm using Internet Explorer, is that what you meant by browser?

Edited by palestrawberrygirl, 15 February 2006 - 03:19 PM.

palestrawberrygirl

palestrawberrygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally got it fixed! It seems that the problem was with Norton Internet Security; script was being blocked instead of permitted. Thank you for trying to help me!