Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microphone

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hey u guys my mic was working fine until today...it seems to pick up alot of background noise, this has never happened before. I try to play cs but no one can hear me cause it picks up sounds from my tv and other stuff. PLZ HELP I KNOW THERES A WAY TO FIX IT >.<. My solution was reformatting my com..everytime i reformatted there was no background noise but then a month later it would come back and i'd have to reformat again...is there another solution?

PLUS it can't be the mic it's a $90 plantronics and ive tried it on a diff com (lower specs that's y i dont use it) and no bg noise..

Advertisements

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Perhaps the mic volume got turned up some how? Check this by double clicking on the little speaker icon in our start bar. When the Volume control window pops up, click on Options>Properties, then under the "Adjust Volume for" section of that window, select "Recording." Make sure the mic you're using is selected, then push "Ok," and it will show you the volume level for your mic. Hope htis helps.

ejay563

rov

rov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
oh god reformatting the entire comp just for a mic

what program do you use, vent or ts?
maybe your outbound was turned up?
did your mic lose the foam thing on the voice piece?
did you lower your sensitivity?
if your using vent, sometimes the sens is screwwy on it, one day you could be using a sensitivity of 35, and the next day yelling wont even make it pick up at the same level.

price doesent always determine how long a mic will last, ive gone through a few 60$ mics, and a few 30$ mics. the plantronics and logitech ones crapped out at like 9 months. and the 30$ altec lansing POS ones about the same.

ive gone through like 6 mics in 5 years of gaming.
maybe the mic has a problem internally?

id just buy a new one