Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stop error

• Please log in to reply

adambcohen

adambcohen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am getting a blue screen of death. After reading and looking through different posts I figured that I would post my own. Yes, I am getting a stop error, but it is telling me that I may have a virus or spyware and then my computer is locked on that screen. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am currently trying to boot into safe mode and see what I can find if anything. Hopefully this is a new topic.
Thanks in advance
Adam Cohen

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can get safe mode with networking

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

If not, download them to another PC, save to CDR then load them on to the PC with the problem

adambcohen

adambcohen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for responding so quickly. I will give a try and hopefully everythin will call well. One more question before I let you go. If for some reason or another I can not get into safemode with nt; can I take the hard drive and make it a slave and run it through another computer. Please, when you get a chance let me know if that would work or not.
Thanks again for the quick reply
Adam Cohen

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It's possible, though you might load the viruses onto the other PC

Can you get safe mode with networking, if so, I would load the programmes from malware, another thing would be to back up your data with a view to doing a clean install, which will definitely clear any virus problems

If you cannot download the programmes directly to the PC, I would load them onto a CDR with another PC before moving the drive

adambcohen

adambcohen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you again for your help. I will let you know what happens.
Thanks again
Adam