Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Binder

• Please log in to reply

Vergergc

Vergergc

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Since I've gotten Outlook 2003 going again :thumbsup: , I'm now trying to get MS Binder (from Office 2000) working on my PC. If anyone has any tips I'd like to hear them. ;)

I had Binder going before it all (Outlook 2003) went goofy last night, so I'm a bit gun shy to dive in on my own again.

Thanks!
Kent :tazz:

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Run the office 2000 setup, enter all the info the same as you did with the Office 2003 install. When its time to install select Custom, use the default install path, when in the next screen you will have a selection like this:

+--Microsoft Office
      |
     + Microsoft Word
     + Microsoft Excel
     + Microsoft PowerPoint
And so on

Left click on all of the options under Microsoft Office, and select Not Available, the boxes should have a red X in them. Now click the [+] to the left of Office Tools. Left click on Microsoft Binder and select Run all from My Computer. Now finish the install and Binder should now be installed. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 29 January 2005 - 10:51 PM.

Vergergc

Vergergc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay - I have Binder installed again and it works.... here's the weird part: each time I restart the PC, after the desktop is up and the systray items are loading, up pops the Windows Installer for Office 2000 Small Business.

I can cancel it there, or wait a bit longer and when it asks for the Office 2000 CD, I can cancel it there - no harm done. But, does anyone know how to get around this attempt to install 2000... and still keep Binder available for Office 2003?

Thanks,
Kent

Vergergc

Vergergc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't think I did this part:

Left click on all of the options under Microsoft Office, and select Not Available, the boxes should have a red X in them.

Could that be why it's trying to run Windows Installer after each restart?

Thanks,
Kent