Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

America's Army install problem

• Please log in to reply

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Before installation, my C: drive (windows partition) has 1.13 GB on it, and my D: drive has a little over 5. Before installation starts after all the files have been extracted, my C: drive has about 88 MB left...I'm pretty sure my space on the C: drive is the problem. Whenever the installation is ready to actually begin, a message comes up saying that there isn't enough space on the disk. The game takes only 1.9 GB, and my D drive (the target installation directory) has more than enough. So, I'm guessing that the space available on C is the problem. What I would like to know is, how do I change the hard drive where the system puts temporary files for installation? I know there's a way to do it, I used to know, but I haven't had to do it in forever. Thanks for any help!

Justin

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
If you want to change the location of the temp file download do the following:

right click on My Computer choose properties.

Click on the Advanced tab
Posted Image

Next, click on the button that says Environmental Variables this will be down at the bottom.
Posted Image

then on the next screen that shows up, highlight Temp and click on Edit and change the location. Do the same for the TMP entry.
Posted Image

next in the lower section scroll down so you can edit the entries there also.
Posted Image

Edited by Dragon, 02 December 2005 - 12:15 AM.