Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

E-mail with attachment

• Please log in to reply

sittingherelikethis

sittingherelikethis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good morning all , I send e-mail to a certain person that works in an office and their pc's have a firewall , (i guess) and when i try to send an attachment, pic , link, etc. I get the mail back undelivered with the following message..." This message has been rejected because it has
a potentially executable attachment "
This form of attachment has been used by
recent viruses or other malware.
If you meant to send this file then please
package it up as a zip file and resend it." Can anyone tell me how to package an e-mail as a zip file ??

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
The 1st thing you have to do is get a program like winzip or winrar
This programs are easy to use and have wizards to help you use them.
They will package the file for you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
you can also change the file extension (I.E....if you're sending a jpg...you can change the extension to .jp_ and it will go through..they will just have to change the extension back)