Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 graphics problems

• Please log in to reply

MelonPopper

MelonPopper

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys, nice site you have here :)
i got call of duty 2 a couple of weeks ago, as well as a new graphics card (GeForce 6600GT 128MB/DDR)
and have been having problems with the graphics - see my screenshot.
i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to computers and was wondering if anyone here could help me with this problem, it goes ok for about 5 mins when i start playing but then the graphics just seem to get worse. Holes appear in objects, i get big lines through the screen etc.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix this :tazz:
Cheers

Edit: here is another screenshot as the other one i was getting shot and the screen is red :)

Attached Thumbnails

• shot0004.jpg
  • shot0005.jpg

Edited by MelonPopper, 02 December 2005 - 06:06 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you tried turning down the settings the 6600GT cant handle that game much past the medium settings.

MelonPopper

MelonPopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes, tried running on the lowest settings and it doesnt help. i think it may be something to do with the card itself, as i also play black hawk down and it has started doing it with that game too :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Do you have the latest drivers and the card seated properly in the drive, im thinking there might be a problem with the cards memory. Do you have it overclocked?

MelonPopper

MelonPopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Not sure about weather its seated properly, it was installed by the dude in the shop where i bought it. no mate, its not overclocked, i wouldnt know how to do that lol

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you tried enabling the sync every frame or vsync option?

MelonPopper

MelonPopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes, just tried again then. Ive played with just about every setting in the menu and nothing seems to change

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Is the card running hot at all?

MelonPopper

MelonPopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry dude, like i said earlier im not that flash with the technical side of computers, how would i find that out?
thanks for the quick replys by the way :-)

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
You said that it started doing that in other games also. If you tried downloading the latest drivers and it still does it then I can tell you that the video card is going bad.

It sounds to me that drivers wont fix it. Did you happen to get new video card drivers before you posted this in the forum?

Edited by jrm20, 02 December 2005 - 09:46 AM.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Try cooling it down and reinstalling the drivers and overclocking.And maybe reinstalling the game.maybe not. but make shure to run ur grfx settings low.

Attached Thumbnails

• boxart.jpg