Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NTLDR IS MISSING!

• Please log in to reply

Drahcir219

Drahcir219

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I HAD JUST BUILT A COMPUTER. ALL NEW PARTS. INSTALLED MCE 2005 OS ON THE NEW HDD, HOWEVER, I REALIZED THAT THE OS WENT INTO H: DRIVE AND NOT C: DRIVE. I TRIED MANY TIMES TO FIX THE PROBLEM, BUT COULDN'T. THE HD WAS REFORMATTED. NOTHING WAS CHANGED IN THE COMPUTER.
NOW, THE PROBLEM IS, THAT I AM TRYING INSTALL THE MCE 2005 OS. NOW NTLDR MISSING IS SHOWING AND IT WILL NOT INSTALL. CHECKED ALL LOOSE CABLES ARE GOOD. UNPLUGED THE DVD-ROM AND LEFT THE HD PLUGGED IN SINCE I THOUGHT THE DVD-ROM WAS A PROBLEM. NTLDR STILL SHOWS. I DON'T KNOW WHERE LOOK FOR THIS. MAYBE :tazz: SOME HELP1111

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What you're probably going to have to do at this stage is make a set of boot floppies with ntldr included in the files. Or it might be easier to make a boot cd-rom. Anyway, you need something to boot up with.