Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP slow to allow connection

• Please log in to reply

rdavisids

rdavisids

• Pip
  • 1 posts
During the bootup of my system, everything seems to be going fine. However, it can be several minutes before I have full access. Firefox can find the Internet but Internet Explorer 6.0 cannot. Outlook 2003 cannot find the email server (on my LAN) but Webmin can access it in Firefox. No printers are found. No network connections show. Opening My Computer, right-clicking an icon on the desktop, pressing Start + E, or going to Printers & Faxes causes the system to hang. Using CTL-ALT-DEL does not seem to illuminate the problem (in fact it can cause it to stay displayed after choosing close; using CTL-ALT-DEL again clears the screen but just causes a new incident of the same)

If I wait awhile everything is available (withing 15 min). However, the system is prone to a sudden hang at any time with no consistent keystroke or application causing it.

I have added the startuplist from Hijackthis
Can anyone help?

Attached File  startuplist.txt   16.58KB   303 downloads

Advertisements