Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar automatically shrinks at start up!

• Please log in to reply

gordievsky

gordievsky

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey Guys,

Runnins XP SP2 Home edition. 3 GHz prcessor and 560 MB of RAM.

I prefer my taskbar on the side of my computer (I find it allows a lot more space for running programs) with a width of three programs in the launch bar. My problem is that recently the taskbar shrinks (aproximently the width of one icon in the launch bar) each time I restart windows.

Here are two pictures illustrating my problem. Here is how I'd like my taskbar to look:
Posted Image

Then I restart and my taskbar looks like this:
Posted Image

I usually lock my taskbar.

Does anyone know how I can make my taskbar stay the same size? A registry fix perhaps?

Thanks alot
Nate

Advertisements

gordievsky

gordievsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
:tazz: Got the problem resolved. The issue was that the language bar (the "en" at the bottom of the picture) forced the taskbar to shrink. For now, I removed the language bar and the taskbar doesnt act up.... However, if anyone knows of a registry fix so that the language bar doesnt force a resize, let me know.

Thanks, Nate