Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows keep restarting/rebooting

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

I have been infected with virus and malware lately but i managed to bring it under control as in, i can still use the computer to do normal stuffs. BUT i know there are still traces in it, although i had try to delete it. My problem started when i tried to delete these two files; services.exe and csrss.exe under the folder C:\Windows\System32. These two programs have been running in the background and i can't kill the process with Task Manager. Naturally, i can't delete it BUT i did the most unthinkable thing, I changed its name to something else, in hoping that when i reboot Windows, these programs will not be functioning and i would be able to delete it.

Imagine my horror when my computer keep rebooting itself. As in keep restarting again and again. I am not able to get pass the Windows logo. That's the point where it would reboot itself. I am not able to boot into safe mode as well, as it would only keep restarting. I tried all the features in Windows Advance Mode but i am not able to log into a single one as it just keep restarting.

Can someone please teach me what to do? Please help. What can i do? Please advise

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go Illusionz,

Those two processes are critical windows programs! True, there are viruses that have the same name, but they won't be found in the C:\Windows\System32 folder! :) :tazz:

Information on services.exe
Information on csrss.exe

You will have to use an XP CD to repair Windows.

I looked at your previous posts, and I saw that you have malware troubles. I also saw that you've never received a reply from anyone. We are sorry you did not receive a response for so long. I am here now and you have my full attention.

In the future, when waiting for a malware expert to help you, please don't reply to your own post if no one has replied to you yet. It will look like someone has replied to you if you do that. Please be patient with us when it comes to helping people with malware problems. There are many people who have difficult infections, so it can take around 3-5 days to receive malware help.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 07 December 2005 - 11:23 AM.