Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Start up doesnt Start up...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I start my laptop, it loads through the black Windows XP screen, and then proceeds to the blue "Windows is loading now" screen... The next screen should be the screen to select which account to log into {as there are 2 accounts on my laptop}... Only, it never gets that far... It just stays at the blue screen... The only way to access my laptop and it's information is to insert the Windows Recovery disk and select to install windows; from there it detects I have windows installed and 'repairs' windows... Then it's fine for me to use until I restart... The circle starts again... Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for?

I feel like I have ran a million programs trying to detect things - TrojanHunter; BHODemon; Spy Bot - Search and Destroy; Registry Mechanic; CWShredder, my antivirus program, etc...

Any help at all is very appreciated :) My laptop is 2 months past warrenty and I use it for work; Having to completely reinstall windows would be a last-ditch effort as I am worried even creating data disks to back up my information will not be sufficient { I have tried this before and things didnt transfer properly... :tazz: }

Edited by Gruvi, 02 December 2005 - 05:46 PM.