Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Account

• Please log in to reply

Maggie2448

Maggie2448

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms] :tazz: I just had a friend build a new computer for me. It has that annoying blue screen that has my User name and it tells me how many programs are running and how many messages are unread. When I leave my computer and come back to the black screen, after touching the mouse, the desktop flashes on and then it goes to the blue screen. It's so annoying and such a time waster. My friend told me to go to the User Accounts in the Control Panel and go to "Change the way users log on or off ". When I open up user accounts this line is missing. He has no explanation and doesn't know how to fix it. It really is getting me irritated. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this screen and how to add that line to the User Accounts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Jag11

Jag11

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

It has that annoying blue screen that has my User name and it tells me how many programs are running and how many messages are unread.

That's probably seen when you logoff (Start > Log off). That can't be changed as I know.

"Change the way users log on or off "

That will just change the logon screen, if you check the "Use the Welcome screen", then when you're going to login, you'll see your accounts there, and just need to click it.