Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
i just plugged in the ram into the designated slot and went to turn on my comp and it doesn't load all that i can see is a blank screen with a blinking "_" in the tor left.

ok ... so now you know how much of an idiot i am.

can someone tell me teh correct way to do add ram or just get my comp working :tazz:

i'm having to use my sis's laptop so if someone could reply as soon as possible i would be really happy.

Cheers Dan

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
First off, take the new ram out and put the old back in and see if it boots, or some problem exists. Then try just the new ram, without the old if that works.

Where did you get the new ram, and are you sure it is compatble with your mobo and the other ram? Mixing types is not advised.

nikki22

nikki22

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:woot: ok so maybe you are an idiot :tazz: joke

maybe you put the ram in a wrong position or maybe you just accidentaly "tick" your video card or something was just out of place or just .... anything ....

ok I'll explain something although i think you know....

if you put your ram in a wrong position then your ram is "RIP"
means your ram is dead... or maybe you didn't lock your memmory to those white thing's

you kiled your ram 'o' huh "murderer"

just kidding.. :)

ok then if you turn your computer on and there is somekind of beeping then maybe your video card is damage or the plug from the monitor to the video card is is not plug....

but if you have a built in mother boared.... try placing your ram in a different socket.... or ....
try cleaning your board a little,.... sometimes cleaning helps ..... especially the ram socket...

hope this helps...

Nicolas :)