Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREWALL

• Please log in to reply

riverios

riverios

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I RECENTLY PAID FOR A DOWNLOADING PROGRAM TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC BUT A MESSAGE COMES UP THAT SAYS THAT IT CAN'T DOWNLOAD BECAUSE OF A FIREWALL. I PAID OVER $50 FOR THIS AND CAN'T USE IT BECAUSE OF THIS FIREWALL. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

Advertisements

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

BUT A MESSAGE COMES UP THAT SAYS THAT IT CAN'T DOWNLOAD BECAUSE OF A FIREWALL. I PAID OVER $50 FOR THIS AND CAN'T USE IT BECAUSE OF THIS FIREWALL. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

You have to allow it to pass through. This is usually done by configuring the firewall. :tazz:

You have two options here, either

configure your firewall to fix the download issue, or

you can uninstall your firewall. What software firewall do you have? Disable the firewall first, then go to the Control Panel, then Add/Remove programs and uninstall it from here. Reboot if needed.

Edited by Irongeek, 03 December 2005 - 03:10 AM.

jpro

jpro

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
if you want to get rid of it just go to add/remove programmes or go to www.bitdefender.com/site/ Download/browseFreeRemovalTool/ and download a free dowload programme or as above you can let it through.

What firewall do you use

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
isnt downloading music illegal but u can download music for like 9 Pence Now which is like $2 and that cheap