Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats the best Browser

• Please log in to reply

jpro

jpro

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
:tazz: :) I am using opera at the moment and it seem faster than Internet Explorer :) :woot:

I just wanted to know has anyone got a better browser??

Edited by jpro, 03 December 2005 - 05:04 AM.

Advertisements

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Well, I use Mozzila Firefox and it's great, but I can't say that it's best browser, best browser is that browser which is most comfortable for you..

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Well, I use Mozzila Firefox and it's great, but I can't say that it's best browser, best browser is that browser which is most comfortable for you..

:tazz: You have right

For me The best is Mozilla Firefox.
I have been trying IE,Opera,Slim Browser, But Mozilla is great.
Try it!

~Dr. Gutstein~

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah you will be hard pressed to find someone that doesnt really like firefox on this site.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I've tried Opera since it became free. I used it for about an hour and uninstalled it.
Firefox, even with some of it's quirks is so much better. Just my opinion of course! And... I will NEVER, EVER go back to IE!

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Yup, Firefox rocks.

jpro

jpro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
:tazz: Ive tryed Firefox and its good, IE is really bad. :)

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
My personal favourite is firefox.... But if you have IE with SP2 i've never had one problem with it. Never tried Opera becuase 3 internet browsers seems pointless to me.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Opera seems a lot smoother than Firefox but I'm still keeping firefox because of the extensions.

maslomejorpati

maslomejorpati

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Yeah you will be hard pressed to find someone that doesnt really like firefox on this site.

I don't, Firefox sux 4 me,I prefer Avant Browser it enhances IE and make it a great Browser,Opera is Cool too

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
that's the problem with Avant, many people don't like the IE interface.

maslomejorpati

maslomejorpati

• Pip
  • 7 posts

that's the problem with Avant, many people don't like the IE interface.

I think that's where how ppl like diff things is being demostrated,Some like Firefox,some like Opera others like enhancments of IE like I do,some just [bleep] abt all of the above,everyone is acustomed 2 his browser.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Alot of it is personal preference, but you also have the facts of actual real performance and features to take into account, not even with enhancements on it can IE keep up with firefox or opera and in terms of ease of use firefox has the edge over all of them, its as near idiot proof as anyone can want even with all the features it has. Opera is good but it wasnt as natural to use i think as firefox is, but i have firefox tweaked to my personal preferences which is another good feature you can tweak it all the way down to the source code which i like as a feature even though i dont use it and turn around time between bug detection and a fix is very low in FF because it is fully open source.

I also hate adds which keeps me using firefox, ill never go back to IE its cumbersome and in an hour of using it i pick up more spyware than i do in a month of using FF and i dont get through as many websites either.

maslomejorpati

maslomejorpati

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Alot of it is personal preference, but you also have the facts of actual real performance and features to take into account, not even with enhancements on it can IE keep up with firefox or opera and in terms of ease of use firefox has the edge over all of them, its as near idiot proof as anyone can want even with all the features it has. Opera is good but it wasnt as natural to use i think as firefox is, but i have firefox tweaked to my personal preferences which is another good feature you can tweak it all the way down to the source code which i like as a feature even though i dont use it and turn around time between bug detection and a fix is very low in FF because it is fully open source.

I also hate adds which keeps me using firefox, ill never go back to IE its cumbersome and in an hour of using it i pick up more spyware than i do in a month of using FF and i dont get through as many websites either.

Still 4 me Firefox is a Zero Browser It was even better when it was Netscpe 4.56,I prefer Avant over any other browser,I uninstalled Firefox after 2 days of Instalation,didn't meke me feel comfort while Browsing.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Really, thats rather odd, especially as when you have it unconfigured it feels like IE except faster and more secure.

I would give it a go with some good extensions they really make a difference, i use fasterfox, noscript, adblock, pdfdownload, flashgot and mouse gestures. And my firefox is a super slick speed demon that is intuitive mouse gestures are fabulous really good on forums like this, And no script really cut down the number of spyware infections by a staggering amount.

FF needs a bit of tweaking for it to be really good, some people dont realise it has things like extensions and skins because IE didnt, but if you spend half an hour to an hour tweaking it you can get it perfect to you. Thats why its so loved by so many its totally flexible.