Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Online Test

• Please log in to reply

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Has anyone tried the test for exceptional intelligence here? I tried it last night at 11:00PM and was almost falling asleep, so I didn't even get too much over 100 (it is weighted so "only geniuses get the highest scores"). On the other tests there, I think I got around 140. But the test for exceptional intelligence is pretty hard. The best anyone did was 22/25 on it in the whole world! I only got a few right. :tazz:

Advertisements

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I get 120
I'm very smart i guess :) :tazz:

~Dr. Gutstein~

Edited by Dr. Gutstein, 03 December 2005 - 12:59 PM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
:tazz:
On the regular one, or the hard one? I got around a 140 on the regular one, and a little over a 100 (not sure exactly, around 110) on the test for exceptional intelligence, but I was almost falling asleep.

Edited by Pi rules, 03 December 2005 - 01:00 PM.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
On the exceptional intelligence

~Dr. Gutstein~

Pi rules

Pi rules

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Nice job!

I just got 130 on it, but I had taken it once before (although it was very late).

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ill try it when im not studying for exams and me brain isnt fried, i tried the normal one while at the same time trying to work out a couple of quadratics and partial fractions in my head(bloomin annoying when you cant get maths equations out of your head) so i gave up on alot of the questions when i could have worked them out pretty easily and i skipped the last couple, even at that i still got a decent score.

didnt try the exceptional one didnt have the time but i will later, i have yet to finish an iq test last one i finished almost completely i scored 126 give or take 5 points for shoddy adding up of my marks.

A thing not to do while doing iq tests, watch television, really distracting on spacial questions.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

(bloomin annoying when you cant get maths equations out of your head)

I know, just before I took one once I couldn't stop thinking about this theoretical physics theory I just read about.

On a different IQ test, I got a 160, but I'm not sure if that's legit.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That ones not legit either only the official mensa ones are "legit", and mensa have largely stopped using iq tests as they can be innefective in alot of cases.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Just wondering...how do you apply to get into Mensa?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i was always under the impression it was a dont call us well call you kind of arrangement but unless your a savant its hard to get in these days they put up how smart you have to be to get in. Most people are invited due to their qualifications as far as i know for most people in it, im sure they have some way to apply for it but they always used to make it hard to find it was part of the test, they got the idea of the intelligence services i think.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
online "IQ" test..aren't accurate...a true IQ test usually is timed..and i think they last for 45 minutes to an hour...and have alot more obscure questions on them....those are kind of just for fun....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
All the proper timed ones i have done fifnt have those ones with the folded shapes, they had folded shapes but not as many and not that complicated, there was more general maths and english questions and different kinds of spacial questions.

I was quite surprised it wasnt timed as well.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I'm pretty sure that it does time it, but doesn't show the timer. There is a 12-minute timed one that I did better on (around 150) because I finished within a few minutes.

btw: I got invited into that place (126 or above on any of their tests, I got in on all that I took). Do you think it would be worth the $60 fee to join? I'm just htinking that it might look good on college applications or something.

Edited by Pi rules, 05 December 2005 - 04:21 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I wouldnt think so, unless its mensa its not worth it in there eyes, even at that mensa looks like showing off. Things that look best on applications like that is youth activities and being involved in the community, like i had all the grades i need but that wasnt the main reason i got accepted to all the top unis in Scotland it was because i had been in the cadets for 4 years and am pretty high up and do a lot of charity work through it, i also did alot of work for my school as a prefect(dont know if you have those in the states).

So if you want to make sure you get into the unis or colleges whatever you call them, do some extra curricular things and show them that you have other non-academic qualities to bring to the university, smart guys are ten a penny you need something to make you stick out other than your qualifications.

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I got 118 on the 12 minute test.

Actually, I wrote the above line and then looked at what the rest of you got - :tazz:

That aside, I recognize and respect that everyone has personal preferences, but, noticing that Pi rules indicated that there's a $60.00 (**looks at canadian dollars in pocket - does mental arithmetic - remembers brain hurting when doing test - forgets about doing the conversion**) fee to join - maybe THAT's another test of intelligence too! :)

Edited by The Architect, 05 December 2005 - 08:33 PM.