Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

older programs site

• Please log in to reply

debbyski

debbyski

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hey everybody,
I have posted several forums in the past regarding a specific error message while using windows 98 SE and messenger 6.1. I've tried and tried to research this error message and finally came to the conclusion that it was due to a system resource problem and resolved to buy more memory. In the meantime, I was just ignoring the problem and it seemed to worsen. I had remembered that the problem with the error message never seemed to appear until I upgraded from messenger 6.0 to 6.1. I've researched the internet and couldn't find messenger 6.0 anywhere until now. I recently found the old file on a website that has older programs like this. Many readers may benefit from saving this website to their favorites if they need an older program. The link is as follows:
http://www.oldversion.com/

I saved 6.0 to my desktop and then uninstalled 6.1, rebooted and then did a new install of 6.0. Now if I could figure out how to get rid of the nag sceen to upgrade! I don't know if this will resolve my issue, but it was worth a try. I hope others may benefit from the older programs site. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Neat site <_< Thanks for the info :D