Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message on task bar

• Please log in to reply

JudithCameron

JudithCameron

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have this on my task bar: cetihpz://errors/blank. I can't get rid of it. It comes up on the screen with a big blank square. I can move it, but how can I lose it?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is possibly a problem with a HP (hewlett packard) scanner, camera or printer installation gone wrong (have you just connected a new HP device?

HPZ*** is one of the file names HP use. If you have recently installed a new device, then try uninstalling it (via control panel, Add/Rempve Programs ) then reboot with the device not connected. Reinstall carefully following the installation instructions. Some devices need drivers installed prior to connecting them to the computer while others have even more complex installation routines.

This is an educated guess only. Please post a reply if it doesnt work so others may try to find the solution.

Ron

JudithCameron

JudithCameron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I stumbled on the solution to the problem of an unwanted item stuck on the task bar. I left clicked on a blank space on the task bar. On the list that came up, I clicked on Task Bar Manager and was able to close the program. Judy

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you reboot and see if your problem has gone away? A lot of people have had the exact same problem as you and they were either installing an HP app or doing something with one which caused "cetihpz://errors/blank" to show up as it did. re-installing the software cleared their problem for good.

Glad you at least got a quick fix.

Ron