Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe error

• Please log in to reply

Blue Book Project

Blue Book Project

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Help! I am running win2kpro, sp4, ie6 sp2, firefox 1.0, mp9, mediamonkey, lots of things. Have run adaware, spybot and norton virus checker. Done an online virus check. Nada. Yet when I boot up, I can do NOTHING in windows, click on any icons or right click. Sometimes, however, I CAN access a program through the quickstart icons on the start bar. No success getting into the startbar mind you, just the first set of icons. Then this problem stops. The problem is that I keep being told, on a never ending cycle that explorer.exe has caused an error (click ok to close the program, or that 'The instuction at "XxXXxxxxxXX" referenced memory at "XxXXXXxxXx". The memory could not be "written" Click ok to terminate the program. (x = different no(X) or letter(x) each time).

I can surf my hardrive through ie6, but would rather use windows!
go here to see my hijackThis logs http://www.geekstogo...mad_-t8239.html

Thanks for thinking for a moment for me!
:tazz:

Advertisements

Blue Book Project

Blue Book Project

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ignore the line about being able to surf my hd with ie6 - cant!
oh woe is me! need to update my webpage before tomorrow! Goint to have to forget that I guess!

Oh thing I forgot to mention - found two explorer.exe when searched c - one in nt folder and one in sp4 folder - found out this is normal but some conflicts occur. Changed name of one in sp4 folder - the only one I could change - to explore.exe - so though conflict should end. Didnt seem to make matters worse or better!

Thanks again
:tazz: