Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spoolsv.exe

• Please log in to reply

Mpower738

Mpower738

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I've been having problems with a PC I've built for a friend, he has an Epson C60 printer, and I had to get drivers for it off the internet to run it with XP pro that I installed.
Problem is this, spoolsv.exe does not start up when the computer boots up so that it will not print. I can start spoolsv manually by typing net start spoolsv as a command prompt, and then it works but only for that session. I have checked services.msc as keith suggested. It is set to automatic as it should be but it is not starting on boot up.

Can I somehow insert spoolsv.exe into Hkey local machine/software/microsft/windows/current version/run
in the registry so it starts every time???

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
make sure you also have Remote Procedure Call set to automatic. Also, double click on Print Spooler in services, and on the popup screen, choose the Recovery tab... make sure it's set to Restart on all failures

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I just recently had a printing problem. The trail led to the print spooler service not starting. I could manually start it but it would only stay started for a few minutes. I used the following link to edit the registry. When I was done the print spooler service would stay started.

http://members.shaw....nterDrivers.htm

I noticed that if I stop the print spooler service, that spoolsv.exe would dissapear from task manager. Which tells me that your focus should be on the print spooler service.