Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acessing web pages

• Please log in to reply

shari05

shari05

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having problems opening web pages, I can go online, play games, and use my instant messaging. but it wont go to any web pages. In my system information under internet settings, file versions it shows i am missing 2 files. iecont.dll and ieontlc.dll. Is this the problem

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Can you go to M$ and run windows update? Was this working before, and then suddenly stopped? Have you tried doing a system restore? Have you tried another browser, like Mozilla Firefox?

shari05

shari05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It wont open the page, no i havent tried any other browser

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Have you tried a system restore? You could try another brower. Go to http://www.mozilla.com/ and get Firefox 1.5 (Firefox is in my opinion better than IE, and many agree). Download it, put it on a CD. Then put the cd in the computer that can't access the internet, install it. You should then be able to get on line. You could then go to M$ and download IE6 SP1 on that computer.

anton46

anton46

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same problems, can anybody tell me what these two files are, how they where removed, and what problems will missing then cause,