Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DFI SOUND!

• Please log in to reply

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Hey i just put together my computer and it has a dfi lanparty nf4 it has a on bourd soundcard thats soposed to be ok so i justed used that but i cant get all the chanells to work so u no any probelems about these.

thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I don't know that particular board but most you can set onboard sound in the BIOS. If there is only on or off settings for the sound then it has only AC97 sound . I would disable the onboard sound and buy a Creative Audigy sound card to use.

SRX660

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The AC97 sound is more than adequate i would try reinstalling the drivers and checking it is on in bios, there really isnt a need to buy a sound card you arent going to notice much of a difference unless you buy an x-fi soud card.

Use sound manager and make sure you have it set to output all the correct channels so if you are using 5.1 select 5.1 and do the same in windows.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Heres the mother baord. im jusrt use the ound card that came with it.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813136152

Attached Thumbnails

• Alienware.jpg