Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do i remove....

• Please log in to reply

DeTeLs

DeTeLs

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i would like to remove this drive i dont have some way it got installed on my computer its called SCSIVAX DVD/CDROM SCSI cdrom device.pls help i tried removing it but it keep coming back

Edited by DeTeLs, 03 December 2005 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Do you have Alcohol 120% installed, by any chance?

DeTeLs

DeTeLs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
not anymore had it a few months ago i think

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK. This SCSIVAX drive is a virtual CDROM device that is usually created by Alcohol. Normally, the uninstallation of Alcohol will remove this device but its not always guaranteed.

There are two possible solutions to this :

1. If you still your copy of Alcohol, then reinstall it. Once installed, you should then be able to find a setting in Alcohol (under Options->Virtual Drive menu I think) & set the number of virtual drives created on startup to zero. This will make the SCSIVAX drive disappear. Once gone, you can uninstall Alcohol again.

2. The other option, if you are comfortable with registry editing, is this :
Run regedit.exe, then in the left pane, navigate to :
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentC­ontrolSet\Services.
Right click on the Service branch & select 'Export'. This will create a backup of this particular part of the registry.
Next, inside this Services folder, you should find keys for the Alcohol driver. Depending on the version of alcohol you had installed, these will be named either a347scsi and a347bus OR vax347s and vax347b.

Delete each of the relevant keys.

Close regedit, then open the \windows\system32\drivers folder & delete the files of the same names. (Or move them to another folder if you prefer, just in case!).

DeTeLs

DeTeLs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok its fine now tyvm 1 more problem to go and im done with all my computer problems ty

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome.
What's the last problem you need to sort out? Anything we can help you with?

Spideray

Spideray

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This works perfect, however if you have problems removing the VAX347S regsitry entry simply delete the file in the drivers section and reboot. When you reboot the SCSIVAX CDRom will have been removed the then you can use regedit again to remove the enrty.

Thanks for you help I hope that you appreciate my little input, this is how I did the final part !!!

Spideray :)