Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wow EXTREME HELP NEEDED.

• Please log in to reply

mattiscool

mattiscool

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Alright Listen, Last week i was putting photos from my digital camera, to my PC and then it stopped working, it just stopped transferring, i went to my desktop and there was a Nameless unknown file and my computer froze up. i restarted it it said "windows has experienced an error, this could have been caused by........( i dotn know what it was exactly) " "you can go to safe mode, "Last Known good Configuration" or "Start Windows Normally" Heres the problem, ive tried clicking everyone, and the screen just goes blank, my little "hard drive is working light" just shuts off, its just black. ive waited for one hour and nothing happens...I NEED HELP

Advertisements

TeachNCoach

TeachNCoach

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You may want to try booting your system from the XP installation CD and try to repair XP from there. NOT reinstall, but repair. If it is a newer system, it should be set up to attempt a boot from the CD drive. If not, when you see the SYSTEM (not XP) startup screen right after you turn your computer on, press F2 and it should take you to the boot menu. From there, you can make your CDROM drive a bootable drive (usually a clickbox or pull-down menu). Make your change, save changes, and continue with the boot process with the XP installation CD in the drive. Try it and see.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We have a guide to Windows XP repair installations here: http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html