Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malformed archive problems

• Please log in to reply

comphater89

comphater89

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi i got a popup from mcafee saying it found a virus the file name is 32MnnO.exe and it says the virus name is Malformed Archive. however, mcafee cannot clean, quarantine, or delete this. the message i get is "verify that the file is not write protected and try again". please help me with what to do!

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.