Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Fantasy VII; 8-bit paletted texture issues

• Please log in to reply

cobal

cobal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
NOTE TO ALL FF8 USERS:

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME BUT THE 8-BIT IS FAIL AND DONT WANT THE LITTLE BLACK BOXS TO SHOW CLICK ON SOFTWARE RENDERING IN THE CONFIG.EXE IN THE PROGRAM FILES.

Advertisements

TifaLockheart

TifaLockheart

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently installed Final Fantasy VII and i can get as far as the chochabo race and then the music sounds funny (like skipping) and then my computer says that there was an error and needs to quit and that is as far as i can get. also the 8-bit paletted texture failed the inspection. Whisper whisper, "the download is from bit torrent. Not really legal"

Oldschool geek

Oldschool geek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello
Just to make clear i know this is an old thread, but it pops out on top on related google searches so i thought a quick explanation could help some of those trying to play this epic game once again.
First of all the reason you get a black screen in the beginning is that a movie is playing and you are missing the truemotion codec in order to watch the movies. The codec is normally called tm20decSetup.exe (in case following link is outdated)
http://www.mediafire.com/?iummi2ymjno
I myself use the win95 compatibility to avoid any further issues, but it should run either way.

popmeiiii

popmeiiii

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well it didnt. mabye cuz i have vista?

DoubleJei

DoubleJei

• Pip
  • 1 posts
its a old post, but if you still with the same problem there is the solution...

dont need any patch... just a codec..

Search on google for Codec TrueMotion... you will find him... during download browser can freeze but dont worry will back to normal... its a really old codec, and used special for FF