Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having trouble connecting to the internet(missing modem?)

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Can you give me a quick how to do on that? I put in 2 of the disks earlier(Utilitie drivers and one with "internet software", and it kept reading them as blank. I seem to remember having to restart and hitting osmething for them to read?

You would do this when doing a system restore, not when you just need a driver or utility off of the CD.

Btw, anything you want from everest?

Nope, we know what driver you need, just need to figure out how to get it from your working computer to your laptop or from the Driver's CD.

Fenor

Advertisements

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Yeah, when I do that, it brings up a folder, and it is showing the cd's contents which is nothing. It's blank, and when I right click properties it says

Used space: 0 bytes
Free space: 0 bytes

I have both of the computers right next to each other. Any cords I can hook up to them to transfer information?

Edited by nick_mi, 03 December 2005 - 10:19 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Not unless you have an external CD or Hard drive that hooks up via a USB cord.

Looks like you're going to need to get a friend/family member to burn you a CD with the file from the link I posted earlier.

Fenor

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Not unless you have an external CD or Hard drive that hooks up via a USB cord.

Looks like you're going to need to get a friend/family member to burn you a CD with the file from the link I posted earlier.

Fenor

YAAAAAAAAAAY I get to go digging throug boxes upon endless boxes. Thanks for the help, much <3 ^^

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Once you have the driver on a CD, feel free to come back if you need additional support.

As for your Cd-ROM reading the Cd's as blank, does it read ALL CD's as blank or only the Dell CD's?

Fenor

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
think I got it, have to restart computer, will let you know.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
forgot to update you. Everything is running fine, thanks.