Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Add/remove programs doesn't work to uninstall aol

• Please log in to reply

timandjen

timandjen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've just gotten a brand new Toshiba laptop with 256MB RAM, 1.6GHz Celeron processor, windows XP and all the garbage that is installed when it comes from the factory.

I do not want to have AOL on the computer, but add/remove programs does not get rid of it at all.

In add/remove programs it shows AOL with (choose which version to remove) next to it. I click it and choose change/remove.

A new window pops open, saying "Please wait while we look for versions of AOL on your computer. . ." then finally comes back with "No installed versions of AOL could be found on your computer." and nothing happens. The program is still there.

I have opened the program and it appears fully functional (though with no registered users) so I know it has been installed.

Anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks,
Jenifer

Advertisements

jpro

jpro

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Try this http://www.freedownl...ninstaller.html

hasho

hasho

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've just gotten a brand new Toshiba laptop with 256MB RAM, 1.6GHz Celeron processor, windows XP and all the garbage that is installed when it comes from the factory.

I do not want to have AOL on the computer, but add/remove programs does not get rid of it at all.
In add/remove programs it shows AOL with (choose which version to remove) next to it. I click it and choose change/remove.

A new window pops open, saying "Please wait while we look for versions of AOL on your computer. . ." then finally comes back with "No installed versions of AOL could be found on your computer." and nothing happens. The program is still there.

I have opened the program and it appears fully functional (though with no registered users) so I know it has been installed.

Anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks,
Jenifer

hi jenifer i bought a toshiba laptop and i've had the same problem like yours but what ive done was very effective, go to run and type the following command regedit and press enter to load registry editor and press ctrl+f to open the search bar and type aol and press enter and then delete all the keys that identify AOL in your system but be very very carefull from deleting anything else that will affect your system in the future .... ad by the way im making a file that can uninstall anything from your compuer using the registry editor rules ..