Toshiba Laptop will not start
Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:16 PM
Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:38 AM
Can you try the following steps please :
1. (I am assuming here that as far as you know, the battery isn't totally flat). Disconnect the AC power adapter. Press & hold the power button for 10 seconds. Wait 5 seconds or so, then press & hold power button for 3 seconds.
2. If no. 1 doesn't work, disconnect AC power AND battery, then reconnect AC power only. Try to start the laptop again.
If neither of these 2 steps help, can you confirm the following things before we go any further :
1. You said that after powering on, the LCD lights up. Do you mean the LCD screen, as opposed to the LEDs?
2. After powering on, does the LED power light flash or is it on constantly?
Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:59 PM
When I press the power button after following step 1 and 2, the blue light led screen (not the actual screen) lights up for a few seconds and then goes dim. The ac power light and battery light are lit solid, they do not blink. And, after further investigation, it seems as though the CPU is heating up because the bottom is hot and the cpu fan cylces on and off.
Again, there doesn't seem to be any HDD activity, the screen doesn't lite up and the dvd drive will not open open.
Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:02 PM
Next, try connecting an external monitor. You may need to press the Fn & F5 keys again as before, as this key combination switches between the built-in & external displays.
I've looked at the manual for your laptop but I can't seem to figure out what you mean by the blue light LED screen? Is this the Sub-LCD display? If so, does it light up & go dim when the laptop is booting properly as well?
Is the battery light green or amber & does the hard disk activity led light up or flicker at all?
Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:40 AM
Edited by richuk, 31 December 2005 - 03:16 PM.
Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:05 PM
I am having the exact same problem with my Toshiba Satelite 5005-S507.
Seems to randomly wanna power up and boot into windows or not.
I have tried following.
1) Disconnect acpower, remove battery 10secs, replace battery, power on works sometimes
but then randomly turns off completely, or powers down display and machine seems to be on.
2) I did full system reinstall from recovery disks, still same problem
Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:46 PM
Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 AM
Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:29 AM
Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic especially one where the last response was 6 years ago it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users