Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer talkz

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Hey gang, a footnote for you guys this time around.

This summer, i bought a nice colour printer/scanner, the Canon Pixma MP130

Works awesome. But, whenever i would have it turned on (uses USB), any Image application would become impossibly S L O W!!

Well, here's what happened:

After my format, this time around i only installed the default scanner program, and didnt install the like 10 other programs that came on the CD... ( probably good software, but i have NO use for them! )

Come to test my scanning ability tonight, program doesnt work, says scanner drivers arent installed.

I decide to uninstall the program. Then, attempt a scan with the Windows Scanner Wizard.

Guess what?? WORKS!!

What's more : NO MORE LAG!!!!

Now my printer/scanner can be online, and my computer isnt lagged up.

Anyway, if you want my opinion, if you get a printer/scanner, only install the printer drivers, and leave the rest to good sotftware that works... like windows scanner wizard, photoshop, fireworks.

(Just so happy i fixed this, thought i'd share the story with you.)

Have a good one.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
LOL nice story dude

jpro

jpro

• PipPip