Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox problems - quicktime not working

• Please log in to reply

Woman

Woman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
While waiting for a fix to my IE probs (listed on another thread) I downloaded Firefox. Everything seemed fine until I tried to access sites that depend on Quicktime.

One one site, the Quicktime icon shows up - then cracks. And that's that. Nothing more happens. On another site (an e-card site), the Quicktime icon shows up and just sits there. I tried sending an e-card to myself and it went well until I opened it. I get the same Quicktime icon showing up and just sitting there. No e-card!

Please help!

Thank you,

Amanda

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello woman...

In Firefox, click on "Tools" on the toolbar and choose "Extensions". In the Extensions window, click the link "Get More Extensions" on the lower right. When you get to the Extensions page, click on the "Plugins" tab and then download "Quicktime". Once downloaded, Close your browser and then start it again. Now try a site using Quicktime.

wannabe1

Woman

Woman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi, Wannabe.

Tried that a couple of times already and once more just now for good measure. The Quicktime icon still cracks and then just sits there - I can't go any further.

I'm ready to either pull all my hair out or toss my computer out! Grrrr...!

Before I do anything drastic, any other ideas?

Thanks SO MUCH for all your help!

Amanda