Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Special Forces and Patches Help. Can You fix this?

• Please log in to reply

james789james

james789james

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I bought Battlefield 2 awhile back with a friend, he payed the most, so the deal was that he kept it, and I would run it from a No-Dvd patch. I then bought Special Forces and it installed fine, but it patched my Battlefield 2 from version 1.0 to 1.1. Now, when i load up the game as normal, it starts and displays a black screen, then the game closes. What do you think the problem is?

P.S. Is it a PC error or do you think it would work if i made an .ISO file from the DVD of Battlefield 2 and mounted it with Daemon Tools?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its replaced your no-cd patch with the the 1.1 exe, you need the disk, what you have done is not strictly legal so i cant really help you any further that.