Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Stop Error

• Please log in to reply

garymac

garymac

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I get intermitent crashes. The error is STOP: sysaudio.sys . This occurs without any set pattern. It may occur after bootup when I log into my profile, other times it occurs without warning while working in various programs.
I have a AMD 1600 XP processor, 768 MB ram (PC133), Windows XP ;SP2
MSI 6330 motherboard; VIA KT133 chipset. Sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value - I had a Sound Blaster Live Value prior to this and tried this new sound card as it appered to be the problem, but this is not the case. I also tried rolling back the driver to the original one, but that was no help. I use Music Match, and it has crashed while it was running, but other times I was working in MS Office programs.

The specific error is:
SYSAUDIO.SYS
STOP: 0xC0000005,(0X6F6F18CEE,0XF47D184C,0X00000000)
ADDRESS: F6F118CEE base at F6F13000, datestamp 41107fla

I ran Memtest-86 vs 3.2 but it found no problems with my memory. The only avenue I haven't tried is repairing Windows XP, but I only want to do this as a last resort.

Any ideas or suggestions

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
sysaudio.sys could be corrupt. You can get a replacement here:

http://www.dynamicli...mes/sys-s01.htm

Scroll down to bottom of list. It's second from bottom.

For WinXP it goes here: C\Windows\System32\Drivers

Overwrite existing one.

Hope that cures it.

garymac

garymac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks. I will give it a try. However, I think I will get some of my IT friends to copy me one of a newer XP machine first.. Dynamiclink wants $15.00 CND to dowload this file.