Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatted - now having display/playback issues

• Please log in to reply

lucyndah

lucyndah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Media player shouldn't be running that high. On my system when I view a video, it runs at 03%.

There could be something wrong with your Media Player installation. Do you have any Antivirus programs running?

Do this... go HERE and download Hijackthis. Install it, run it, and save a Startup Log, and a Scan Log to your desktop. These will be text files. In your next reply, "attach" the files to your reply. Use the File Attachment tool found below the reply screen. Please DO NOT paste the logs into your post. Thanks.

I will review the text files and get back to you.

Thanks - already had Hijack this on a backup disc - here is my file. I have no spyware or antivirus programs or anything installed yet.

Attached Files

Edited by lucyndah, 05 December 2005 - 04:17 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok, I just looked over your log. Somehow your computer has been Hijacked by Newdotnet. You need to take care of this right away.

You have two choices...

Dump and reformat your system and start all over... which I think is the best thing since your machine is basically empty.

Or...
Go over to the Malware forum and ask for help. Note that you will be expected to go HERE and run through all these steps first. Then if you need further assistance, you need to post in the Malware Forum and ask for help.

Your choice, but you need to take care of this as I suspect the hijacking is really the cause of your video problems.

If I were you, I would just dump the machine and start over. After you get your machine running and BEFORE you ever connect to the internet, install ZoneAlarm. Once you get all your updates, you can then decide whether to use Zonealarm or Windows Firewall as your Firewall... don't use both.

lucyndah

lucyndah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Ok, I just looked over your log. Somehow your computer has been Hijacked by Newdotnet. You need to take care of this right away.

You have two choices...

Dump and reformat your system and start all over... which I think is the best thing since your machine is basically empty.

Or...
Go over to the Malware forum and ask for help. Note that you will be expected to go HERE and run through all these steps first. Then if you need further assistance, you need to post in the Malware Forum and ask for help.

Your choice, but you need to take care of this as I suspect the hijacking is really the cause of your video problems.

If I were you, I would just dump the machine and start over. After you get your machine running and BEFORE you ever connect to the internet, install ZoneAlarm. Once you get all your updates, you can then decide whether to use Zonealarm or Windows Firewall as your Firewall... don't use both.

Lovely. (sarcasm)

Thanks for help - I appreciate it.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Yah, Sorry, bad news I know! Good luck!