Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVERS FOR IBM PC CAMERA

• Please log in to reply

wayne christian

wayne christian

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have an IBM PC camera. I am trying to find out where I can go to download the driver for it. I went to google to search, and got nothing but a big runaround. Thanks
Wayne

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what exact model do you have and do you have all the software that came with it?

gypsymoth

gypsymoth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How to get the IBM PC Camera to work with Windows XP:
http://www.camerahac...PC_Camera.shtml

monitored247

monitored247

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an IBM PC camera. I am trying to find out where I can go to download the driver for it. I went to google to search, and got nothing but a big runaround. Thanks
Wayne

After searching for weeks, I have finally found :) and uploaded :tazz: the software for the IBM PC Camera Driver Software ( ibmv5000w2kxp.exe ) in the following URL...

Download the attached IBM PC CAMERA Software / Driver here: http://www.geekstogo...mv5000w2kxp.exe

Thank you and good luck.

TTSP1965

TTSP1965

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi :whistling:

I need to download the software/driver for my IBM PC Camera because I have no idea what happened to the original stuff.

I tried clicking on that link listed back in February but it didn't work so I couldn't get the file I needed. (ibmv5000w2kxp.exe)

Thank you very much for your help! TTSP1965

jennhollywood

jennhollywood

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i downloaded that driver and everything worked.. but when i clicked to open it.. it say's video pc camera not connected or something like that.... it's plugged in!...??

jennhollywood

jennhollywood

• Pip
  • 2 posts
does anyone know?? i'd appreciate any help please

gasperbushati

gasperbushati

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you for downloading

gasperbushati

gasperbushati

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks

kikikukiki

kikikukiki

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank for the help! Finally I have successfully downloaded the Windows 2000/XP driver for this IBM PC Camera.

The page have a brief installation help. Hope this can help those having problem installing in Windows XP.

To download the Windows XP driver, see IBM 33L4889 PC Camera Windows 2000/XP Driver.

Advertisements

Herbert_Manthay

Herbert_Manthay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello how are?
kikikukiki, this link is not working more!: /
if someone who already has to download a driver could make an upload it again? Please, I'm looking for and needing much on google for a long time and date have not found!
excuse me my very bad English because I am Brazilian.
Thank now!

savvy_nigs

savvy_nigs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
try using this link - http://www.geekstogo...mv5000w2kxp.exe

it worked for me as of July 9, 2008 :) ...although, I haven't tried installing the driver yet...but the file name seems right...

DocCpu!!!???

DocCpu!!!???

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE POST.

Earthlink gave me the ibm camera to keep a loyal customer
The drivers I had did not cover the XP OS really i don't know we the driver floppy is kept looking a a CD.

Have been a GEEKaholic since we had to build own boards etch drill and stuff, hand SOLDER
compounds. OH! WRITE THE BOOTSTRAP. BRAND WAS HAND MADE S-100. Z80 Cpus era.

I was beginning to think might have to write a driver for this PC IBM Cam...

THANKS AGAIN...
oh.. HAVE cabled strapped a mic to the Top of the Cam. Who sazy we don't have any moxie left.

Works great and sound to .....

DocCpu
aka jAKE

podiumman

podiumman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used this download and it seems, according to the picture, to fit my webcam, but I'm getting a message stating that the cam is not plugged in, when it definitely is. I'm using Windows Vista... could that be the problem?

ibm

ibm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi my names anil i have ibm web cam but i lost my cd i for got model number of my cam , now i want install web came plz guys help me out...........