Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet speed high but browser slow

• Please log in to reply

dhamal

dhamal

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
When I check my Bandwidth from broadbandreports.com it says I have download speed : 1285 kbps or 160.7 KB/sec and upload speed : 339 kbps or 42.4 KB/sec. but my web pages seem to take about 10 or more seconds to open. Do I have a problem?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi dhamal!

Has this problem always been around or has it just showed it's ugly head recently?

Fenor

dhamal

dhamal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
its been around since I got the malware off my computer

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Did you remove the malware yourself or did you have a malware expert here help you remove it? If a malware expert from this site helped you remove your malware, please post a link to that thread.

Fenor?

dhamal

dhamal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=80148

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Who is your Internet Provider and did you have to install software onto your computer when you signed up for the Internet through said Internet Provider? If you did, I suggest that you try repairing the installation if there is an option, else uninstall the software, reboot your computer and then reinstall the software again.

Another thing you could try first is to download CleanUp! from the link in my signature and do a STANDARD cleanup. Standard cleanup is the default setting, so once CleanUp! is installed, just run the application and click the CLEANUP! button and let it do it's thing. After you have logged off and back on (you are asked to do this by the CleanUp! program so that files that were in use at the time of the cleaning can be removed), reboot your computer and see how the Internet is running.

I also suggest that you do a DISK DEFRAGMENT if you haven't done one in awhile. To do this, click START-->ALL PROGRAMS-->ACCESSORIES-->SYSTEM TOOLS-->DISK DEFRAGMENTER. Click on DEFRAGMENT. This can take awhile, but DO NOT DISTURB this process while it is running. After it's completed, reboot your computer.

Post back how the Internet is running after doing the above mentioned tasks.

Fenor