Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

email problem - what is it?

• Please log in to reply

momscomputer

momscomputer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am not very computer literate and am not sure where to post this problem. I have been trying to log in to hotmail and to yahoo for at least a week and can't log in to either on this computer - nobody else in the family can get to their accounts either. When we enter user name and password, we get the standard "This page cannot be displayed" message. This only seems to apply to email as far as I can see at this point - I have been able to log in to Geeks to Go, and my son has been logging in to several other forums. Never had this problem before. Any ideas? Thanks! Mom

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, on general, click delete cookies, click dlete files, tick include offline content, click clear history, confirm close the browser. Open the browser and try hotmail with IE6

momscomputer

momscomputer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This didn't work - I still get page cannot be displayed. Any other ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this the page you sign in to Yahoo from

http://login.yahoo.c....intl=uk&.lg=uk

momscomputer

momscomputer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No, I'm in the US, so this is the page I sign in on:

http://mail.yahoo.com/?.intl=us

Ryan.

Ryan.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey, I was wondering what internet browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer maybe swich over to Firefox where you can download it here. Swiching browsers should solve the problem.

-Ryan

Edited by Ryan., 07 December 2005 - 06:54 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try from the UK page, then sign up for a yahoo.co.uk account as we don't pay for pop access with Outlook Express etc, see if you can set up an account and if you can log in to it, and also use mail options to set pop access

momscomputer

momscomputer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Keith, I got right on to my regular yahoo account using the UK sign on page :tazz: But what does pop access mean? (Like I say, I'm not very computer literate). Ryan, thanks for the firefox reply also :) I'm not on hotmail yet so maybe that's what I need to fix that.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have Outlook Express (who hasn't) :) or Outlook you can use those to get your Yahoo Mail

In the UK this is free :) in the US, (where you can afford it), you pay for it :tazz:

The convenience is that you use one mail programme to acces your ISP and Yahoo accounts

If you bookmark the UK page to save looking for it, then you can use it until Yahoo.com sorts itself