Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ways to speed up my comp and how many days can i..

• Please log in to reply

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
yes, the best way to check it is to hit the Start button, then Run... and type in dxdiag
hit OK
that first screen that comes up with give you the cpu speed tight down to the last hz :-)

Advertisements

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ya ok, it states 1.2k as well

do u have an explaination as to why did it shows 2200 right when i turn on my comp? any way i can check that out? cos thats wad he claimed is wad i ordered, so im gonna need to prove him wrong and demand an explaination...

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well, the dxdiag report proves him wrong, as does the My Computer properties page. though pentium chips run differently than amd chips now, it's roughly as follows... amd 1900 is roughly equivilent to a pentium 4 1.9gig... even though the amd is actually just a 1.6ghz cpu... an amd 2200 is equivilent to a pentium 2.2gig, even though it's actually a 1.8mhz

so, you can see, even if the guy told you you had the equivilent to a 2200, it would still have to show an actual 1.8mhz...

The thing is, if your board uses a 1.2ghz cpu, it might not even be able to use a 2200 cpu, so you might not be able to swap it out for a better cpu... that's why you need to know the name and model number of your motherboard

I think we've exhausted this topic, no? :-)

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
lol ya pretty much =p

alrite thx alot :tazz: