Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Msn?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there, i just really want to ask a few questions about msn...

1) When is the new msn 8 coming out?

2) What features will it have?

3) Is there any way to unblock people that have blocked you?

4) With online block checkers, is there one where you can enter lots of emails to see if they are online or not?

5) On msn, can you get msn to alert you with a sound when someone comes online? Only a person you pick though?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) As Microsoft would say, "When It's Ready".

2) See above.

3) Blocking is usually done for a reason and there would be point in you blocking somebody if they could unblock themselves from your list.

4) More than likely, though I would consider such an activity akin to walking round people's houses looking through the letterboxes to see if they're in or not.

5) MSN Messenger does this already for everybody.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok.

And is there a website where instead of entering the persons msn that you think has blocked you to see if they are online, is there one where you enter your msn address and then it tells you everyone thay has blocked you?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nope...like neil said...it doesnt make sense for a messenging service to allow you to block someone....if they are gonna just turn around and give you a tool to get around that block....if someone blcoked you on msn...it was for a reason...accept it and leave it at that

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok thanks!

And what does msn stand for?

Is it microsoft service network or microsoft network?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
google that exact question "what does msn stand for"

allsortshop...the resources to find almost anything you want to know are there...just use them

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok,

And on msn sometimes i am talking to someone that is online then every message i type it reply with a cross and says that the message cant be deliverd even though they are online?

And, when someone blockes you, does it say that they are offline or that they have blocked you?

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Either they are offline or busy

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could always block someone and find out.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok thanks!

And with msn, is there an option to change the sounds played when people sign in?

And when you have groups in msn, and you add someone and put them in no group, when you put them in a group it wont allow you to move them back to having no group but it will allow you to chenge what group they are in?

Karina.

Karina.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok.

And is there a website where instead of entering the persons msn that you think has blocked you to see if they are online, is there one where you enter your msn address and then it tells you everyone thay has blocked you?

Yes there is! its @... wwww.whoblocksyou.com

Brafu

Brafu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
If you wish to see who has you added to their contact list, go to options>privacy>View. That'll list everyone who has you added to their list. Typically, its a decent way to figure out of someone has you blocked... even thought it doesn't tell you if you are blocked, the simple fact that you are not on their list should be a decent indicator that they at-least want nothing to do with you.

And, as others have stated, if someone has blocked you, then accept that and move on. There's no point in trying to get around the block and harass them. They will simply block you again (if you somehow manage to get unblocked) and possibly complain to MSN support and have you banned from the service itself.