Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anarchic Footnotes

• Please log in to reply

johnnygounaris

johnnygounaris

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Friend send me a Word document to see if I could help - failed!

It is quite a 20 page document with footnotes. She copy/pasted parts from another document (cannot remember whether it had footnote references).
Now there are 4 footnotes in the new document that have no reference in the proper text and I cannot remove through the edit-replace command.

Does anybody have an idea about what might have gone wrong and how to remove these anarchic bits?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Go to the pages with the erroneous footnotes.

You should be able to double-click on the little numbers at the bottom of the page to find out where on that page the notes are placed and delete the reference there which will automatically remove the footnote and shift anything up by one.

johnnygounaris

johnnygounaris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks