Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphic Card upgrade.

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I currently got a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9250 128 mb, and im plainging to upgrade to nVidia Geforce 6600 GT

but im not sure if its good or not, and that i should stick with my ati radeon... my bro said its same thing but im not sure...

is a nVidia Geforce 6600 GT 128mb better than a Sapphire ATI radeon 9250 128 mb ?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its better than the radeon, but you might want to check out the x800GT or one of the other x800s, better cards and they cost the sme near enough. and you want a 256mb card minimum 128mb isnt enough for most games these days.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
acually my friend selling his graphic card to me hehe, x800 is wayyy to good for me

fsb1284

fsb1284

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
ATi cards have been good to me. And there's no question about it- the money would be better spent for a card with 256MB of RAM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the card isnt worth much so dont let him rip you off, he wouldnt get more than twenty quid for it on Ebay i dont think, you cant really sell those things they are pretty cheap and not really very good when stood next to its nearest competition.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i dont really have much money since i bought my self a psp, but eh, i need a better graphic card than my ati radeon 9250.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well thats good because the card isnt worth much money.

fsb1284

fsb1284

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Try eBay before you buy this card. The performance difference-per-pound is going to be a lot less with a 128MB card. If I couldn't afford a 256MB card on eBay, I think I'd live with the ATi card 'til I got a summer job or came into some more money. Unless, of course, my buddy was selling it so cheap he was almost giving it away :tazz: