Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon Elura 50 camcorder not recognized by XP

• Please log in to reply

henryprbc

henryprbc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm another one with the same problem. I have a canon mv500i which was recognised by my old computer (running 98se) but just isn't registered by my new computer running XP. After following this forum, I was so convinced that the DV out socket must be broken that I brought a new canon mv700i. I plugged it in when it first arrived and nothing happened so I set it to DV out "ON", nothing happened and so switched the camcorder off and then back on, and the computer recognised it and loaded the driver. However, since then the computer won't recognise the camcorder (even though the driver is there in the Device Manager but hidden). The only difference I've noticed between the 500i and the 700i is that the 700i defalts back to DV out "OFF" everytime you switch the camcorder off but I don't see that this should make any difference as the computer managed to recognised the camcorder once.

Advertisements

henryprbc

henryprbc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just to add to the reply above, my new mv700i is not recognised via either the inbuilt firewire port on my computer or a separate Pinnacle video card firewire port. However, the camcorder flashes "DV IN" when you plug in the the 4 pin end of the cable into the camcorder (but only when the 6 pin end is plugged into the compter suggesting that the camcorder recognises the computer). Any help would be great.