Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game installation problems

• Please log in to reply

funkmastabob

funkmastabob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i just got my laptop a month or so ago and i have tried to install a few games now. They start out fine, but usually when i put in the next disc to continue the installation, it won't read the disc and just won't do anything. i have alcohol 120% and i am wondering if this is the problem. This only happens with multi disc games. if anyone knows how i can fix this so i can install my games it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Try using Software like CloneCD or Nero . i recommend CloneCD heres the link

http://www.filehippo...wnload_clonecd/

If that doesnt work then try Updating the Drivers for the disc Drive

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are these images of games.

funkmastabob

funkmastabob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no they are not images, sorry i wasn't clear on that, they are real games from real cds. i just can't get them to install

Eochu

Eochu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
How many games are we talking here? Also can the computer read the cd(s) at all.

funkmastabob

funkmastabob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not many i am just trying to install the sims 2 and call of duty. it will install the first disc but then when i put in the 2nd disc it just stops, it doesnt' really do anything after that.

Eochu

Eochu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Can the computer read the cd's at all? If it can you might be able to copy the files on the cd onto the computer. If you put them all in the same directory you should be able to install the game. You will still need to have the disk in the drive to run the game.

I for one buy the DVD version of the game whenever I can.