Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 questions in here

• Please log in to reply

scf2510

scf2510

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
my first question is which is the better browser, Mozilla firefox or Opera? I'm not sure which one to use, but I like the tabbed browsing mroe than the 50 windows that internet explorer will give you.

My second question has to do w/ media player in a web browser. I had Mozilla and I could not watch videos directly through the web page liek my roomate can on hsi using the same browser. I downloaded and installed the "Plug-in" that was supposed to correct the problem but it didn't (the plugin was for Windows Media Player 10, which I have and is fully updated). I also tried the same thing w/ opera with no success. I just bought this copmputer two days ago, it has the Microsoft Windows Media Center version on it. If there is no way to fix it I can use IE. It works in that browser but none of the tabbed browsers (which I prefer).

Advertisements

scf2510

scf2510

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I figured it out. I downloaded the plugin at the bottome fo the page (one for netscape) then re-installed mozilla and it fixed the problem. That or I made sure I had upgraded windows media player 10 then re-installed mozilla.

Ryan.

Ryan.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Some websites, movies and such will work better on Internet explorer. What I do I have IE with SP2 and Firefox. I use firefox as my default and use IE when a site does not work good on firefox. I think to do updates such as SP2 you need to be using IE for example but don't quote me on that.