Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overlay

• Please log in to reply

orwell

orwell

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Is there any way to turn off the function that overlays a window upon another at all times. For example, I have a folder open, I lay that down and open another window, then click in the taskbar for the original folder, and I have to lay everything down to get it to appear again.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I'm going to guess your folder options are set to display all your folders MAXIMIZED. XP will remember folder settings, so if you just click on the double-block icon next to the Red X while your folder is maximized, you can then drag any corner of the folder window to the size you want the folder to be displayed. XP will then remember the size the next time you open the folder. You can do this for any folder/window.

If you need further help, or if this explanation is not clear, just let us know.