Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble sharing Internet (fixed, disregard this post)

• Please log in to reply

Coolmjs

Coolmjs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having trouble sharing my Internet connection through AOL Broadband. I can connect to the Internet when I plug the modem directly to my computer but not when I try to run it through my router. It isn't a problem with my router because the router is compatible with AOL and I even went out and bought a new router out of desperation. (Linksys WRT54G)

I was browsing through the device manager and saw that the WAN Miniport (atw) driver had a yellow exclamation mark and I found out that it is an important AOL driver. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AOL to see if that would fix the driver but it didn't work.

Is this driver the cause of my troubles?
If so how would I go about fixing it? :tazz:

Hope you guys can help! :)

Edited by Coolmjs, 07 December 2005 - 08:17 PM.

Advertisements